Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why We Praise Him In The Storm

I was sure by now, God,
that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away. 


 The storm clouds roll in and the thunder & lightening clash.

Our souls are overwhelmed.

But I will praise Him in the storm.

Because after the clouds break and the sun peaks through...

His promises are made evident once again.


I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm




I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth.

 


"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds,
I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant
between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."


That's why we praise Him in the storm.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Love that song! Thanks for the reminder, friend.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Beautiful. The pictures were perfect for the lyrics!! Hope you have a happy Monday. :)

Callie said...

Did you take those pictures? They're lovely, and they fit with the song really well!