Last week I made Asian Chicken wraps and the sesame dressing on them took me back to Kimo's Restaurant in Lahaina, Maui were I ate the most amazing chicken salad on the face of the earth. The dressing on these wraps was very close to what they used on that luscious salad.
Their menu calls it: Wo Hing Salad and per their description is has Fresh greens, vegetables with wontons, roasted peanuts, sesame dressing, and teriyaki chicken breast.
Their menu calls it: Wo Hing Salad and per their description is has Fresh greens, vegetables with wontons, roasted peanuts, sesame dressing, and teriyaki chicken breast.
Be still my heart. It was absolutely amazing.
So if you want a small taste of Maui, try making these chicken wraps and you’ll be transported from your kitchen table to a beautiful Island, if only for a few bites.
Asian Chicken Wrap:
Tortilla, large
Chicken -- crunchy, teriyaki or plain
Mandarin oranges
Salad greens
Almonds, slivered & toasted
Cheese, shredded
Sesame Dressing (below)
Sesame Dressing:
1/2 c. Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/8 c. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Milk (more if too thick)
1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
Layer all ingredients in the tortilla and drizzle with Sesame dressing.
1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
Layer all ingredients in the tortilla and drizzle with Sesame dressing.
Wrap tightly and enjoy!
Have a great weekend, ya'll!
I promise to tell you all more about our trip but it's not going to happen until we get the rest of our pictures organized. All I currently have are ones that were still on my camera from our last two days there. The rest are on the laptop waiting for us to have some “free time” because we have to renumber about 1,000 of them (long story…).
And yes, I said 1,000 more. We really enjoy taking pictures.



6 comments:
Ooo, sounds good! Thanks for the recipe!
Okay, you made my stomach growl. Shame on you!! ;-) That sounds amazing, and I do think this recipe will have a go around in our kitchen!! :)
looks delicious! I love Maui. the food there was the best. cute blog!
nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the comment on my blog! Yours is so cute :) I have been really loving wraps lately, and this one sounds extra delicious! I'll have to try it out :)
Love the sound of that recipe!
Mmm sounds delicious! Can't wait to hear/see more about Hawaii!
Post a Comment