Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Darcy & Elizabeth

Has anybody else fallen in love with England after watching Pride & Prejudice?  There has been great debate when it comes to which version of the movie is the best, but for me it is hands-down the BBC adaptation with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle.  In my opinion, Keira Knightley can't hold a candle to that one.  But moving on...

I love how the romance of Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet have crept into cultural references as if everybody should know who they are.  And indeed, everybody should know, because it's an awesome story.

All that being said, mixed-in with my dream tour of Europe, I would love to visit the locations where P&P was filmed.  These grounds and mansions are beyond gorgeous and to be able to visit them would truly make for some magical moments!

Lyme Park was where they filmed the exterior of Pemberley, Mr. Darcy's home.

------------------


Sudbury Hall was used for the interior of Pemberley

------------------


Belton House was used for filming Rosings

------------------


Edgecote Hall was location for Netherfield

------------------


Luckington Court in Wiltshire was Longbourne

------------------

If you've never seen the film, please put it on your list! 
It's beautiful, lush, romantic, and a timeless classic.

7 comments:

LeAnna said...

Wouldn't it be so much fun to go to those places?! Ahhh!

Meg said...

Ah, I love it. Pride and Prejudice has been my favorite since the first time I watched it.

It would be awesome to visit those places. They are gorgeous! :)

Jessica said...

Beautiful! I love Pride and Prejudice! I had to write a 10 page paper on Mr. Darcy for my English class my freshman year of college! I felt like I got to know him very well. lol...I do like Sense and Sensibility just a little bit better, though!

~M~ said...

I think I am the only person who has never read the book. I should change that!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love P&P! And I can't wait to visit England. The images from the movie are so stunning...and breathtaking!!

chloë. said...

*sigh*

I love Pride & Prejudice. Those pictures made me happy. :)

Callie said...

I LOVE Pride and Prejudice! I've never seen the whole BBC version, but I want to. I would love to visit some of those places as well!