I love to read, but of course, I can't stick to just one at a time or else I get bored. There are so many good books and my shelves are overflowing with new things to choose from! These are the ones I'm currently in the middle of, and I am happy to announce that maybe for the first time in my life the Non-fiction category outweighs the Fiction! My mother would be proud. :)
#1 - Master Your Metabolism
This is taking me a long time to get through but it's full of so much information!
She really takes a unique approach on "getting healthy"
and I think there is a lot of validity to what she's saying.
#2 - Beauty By God
She has some good observations but the book isn't as
great as some of the reviews made it out to be.
#3 - Before I Wake
I have loved all the O'Malley and Uncommon Hero books by
Dee Henderson but this one just isn't doing it for me.
Rather boring, but I'm trying to get through it.
#4 - So Long Insecurity
This is the first book I've read by Beth Moore
and so far it is excellent and enlightening. A great read!
and so far it is excellent and enlightening. A great read!
Up next on my To Read list is:
The Blind Side by Michael Lewis
I Will Carry You by Angie Smith
What are you reading now?
Any Goodies on your Summer reading list?
Any Goodies on your Summer reading list?








8 comments:
I've heard great things about "So Long Insecurity" I am looking forward to reading it myself :-)
I just finished reading The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Right now I'm reading Miserly Moms & Pretense by Lori Wick.
lol I had to laugh out loud when you said your mother would be proud. I noticed a few weeks ago I had started doing the same thing. ;)
Okay, this is kind of funny to me because when I got "older" (ahem) I all of the sudden completely banished all fiction books from my reading lists and for some strange reason would only read non-fiction. WEIRD. But now, I hardly read at all.
I have a whole library of books, fiction and non, and I'm just now finding time to pick one up from time to time. Stranger yet, I've been reading books I've read before. I think I need my head checked! For fiction, I love these two: If I Gained the World by Linda Nichols and Dana's Valley by Janette and Laurel Oak and non fiction, well, I've been reading baby name books....But, I really like Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver, too.
I'm reading "So Long Insecurity" right now, too! It's also my first Beth Moore book :)
I also recommend "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey (if you haven't read it already). And I second LeAnna's recommendation for "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver :)
I can't wait to read So Long Insecurity and I Will Carry You! Also, I totally agree about the Dee Henderson book...I love the O'Mally and Uncommon Hero Series but after that...
oo I'm going to have to check out the Jillian Michaels one. I'm really trying to understand how food and my body works right now!
I'm reading John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life. Good so far!
You are reading some GREAT books!!! I want to read, I will carry you!!!
I read Before I wake several years ago. The first time I picked it up, I didn't "get into it"...but the second time I gave it a try, I couldn't put it down. Would you believe I just finished the first O'Malley series book? I can't wait to read the rest!! :)
Other than that, right now I am reading Julia & Julia... :D
Post a Comment