This past week we’ve been lacing up our shoes and going for long walks in the sunshine. One day we went for our walk and then Mike bought me ice cream. Definitely a great end to a good walk. I also squeezed in a long-overdue Pilates workout this week. And I do mean long overdue...especially when you mix in the ice cream like you see there on the left. :)We had a lovely weekend, including only a half day of work on Friday (yay!). Saturday we went out for pizza & a movie with my husband’s parents to celebrate his mom’s birthday. They came back to our house afterwards to partake of the cake which I attempted to make for her.
Words of Wisdom: when decorating with strawberries, place them on just before serving or else the juice will pool and leak all over… Um, yeah.
Moving on.
Sunday was church and then brunch with Mike’s family, which was lovely and yummy. Then a quick trip to see my family, who was still recovering from colds and a stomach virus.
Love ya, but no thanks.
Love ya, but no thanks.
Hubby & I have been making our way though the Lord of the Rings trilogy of movies. I use the phrase ‘making our way’ rather loosely, seeing as we are only on the second disk of the first movie (extended editions, of course!). I have a really hard time staying awake for movies so we have to watch it in rather small segments so I don’t doze off and miss stuff. It’s been several years since I’ve seen the movies, and I admit, it’s been fun getting to watch them together. I just love those little hobbits! Definitely my favorite characters.
Worked out in the yard yesterday and get a bunch of bushes trimmed down and brush out to the street for pick-up. Now for confession time: I am not an outdoor-kind-of-girl! I hate bugs, thorns, dirt under my nails, sweating, spiders, etc. But I absolutely love flowers and pretty gardens, so I make sacrifices. And after making those sacrifices, I run as fast into the shower as I possibly can to get all the above-mentioned items off my skin.


6 comments:
Oh my, that ice cream looked good. And so did your cake! I need to find a pilates for pregnant people dvd, just as soon as I get motivated.
Ha! Motivation. What is that anyway?
Anne, thank you for the encouraging comments you've left on my blog. It's always nice to hear from someone new. I take it you saw my blog from Hannah's [That Officer's Wife.] I went to high school with Hannah. She's so fun.
Anyway, thanks for your kind words.
How fun! I love the Lord of the Rings movies - Sam is my favorite.
That cake looks AWESOME!!! Hope your week is going well!!
Mmm...I love me some Ice Cream! :D And that cake looks so good.
I ALWAYS fall asleep during movies too! It's really frustrating. I wish I could just stay awake, and I feel like I try sooo hard to keep my eyes open! My eyelids just start feeling like they weight 100 lbs each, and I can't hold them open. I was never like this until I started teaching! I guess it takes all of my energy!
I bet your yard looks beautiful :-)
Post a Comment