Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What Not To Wear

Does anybody else watch What Not to Wear on TLC?

I’m addicted.

Granted, Stacy & Clinton can get a bit annoying at times (ok, a lot annoying!), but still…

I’ve learned SO much from watching that show. Sometimes it’s rather embarrassing just how much I’ve learned! Several times I’ve realized that I’m doing the very fashion faux pas they are talking about.

The idea of using handbags as an accessory was completely off my radar until I saw them doing it. I pretty much will use the same boring purse year-round, because
1.) I like it. 
2.) it’s practical.
Big they use big bold colors and it adds such a great *POP* and *SPARKLE* to the outfits – I love it! Buying new handbags isn’t exactly in my budget though, so I’ll have to keep my eyes out at garage sales or thrift shops for something that will help give me some pizzazz.

I also adore how they use shoes to spice things up. My collection of shoes is 95% black, 2% brown, 2% white and 1% red. How boring is that? Heels really hurt my feet, but I’m trying to branch out a bit with some wedges and cute flats. I wear heels on occasion, but they usually come off after about an hour.

The one topic I disagree with them on is Flip-Flops. They come down very harshly there, and I just can’t go for that. Flips-flops & I are pretty much inseparable and I don’t think it’s fair that anyone try to split us up. So there.

I love watching them pair various colors together and have it look amazing. So lately I’ve been experimenting and actually enjoying the results. One of my favorite combinations has been bright blue and coral. Not two colors I normally would have put together, but I love it and it’s a great summer look! Old Navy is another great place to get color inspiration – they use so many different combinations on their manikins and it always looks fabulous!

I have a big soft spot in my heart for Carmindy. I think she’s completely amazing and I love her philosophy on makeup – it’s to accentuate the natural beauty that’s already there in every woman. I enjoy reading her Blog and getting new ideas for makeup application and healthy or homemade products. Not to mention she’s gorgeous herself.

And Nick, well, all I’m going to say is he has great hair and a really cool accent.

New hair stylist Ted Gibson, not a big fan.

I think that's all I have to ramble about at the moment. :)

Do you watch it?
What have you learned?




10 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

I love that show too! Ian never understood how I could watch more than one episode in a row, but I love people watching so that show is like a showcase of the weirdness of human nature, lol!

LeAnna said...

I don't have cable (gasp, I know!) so I don't get to watch it. I am trying to increase my shoe wardrobe though, funny you should mention that. I found some cute flats at target the other day, that are pretty comfortable. Of course, they are cream and brown, but you know, it's a start! ;)

Meg said...

Love that show! ;) Although, I haven't watched it since we got married. :P

I did manage to learn a lot!

Anonymous said...

I love What not to Wear!!! My fav is Carmindy, I think she's just so sweet.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I LURVE THAT SHOW. I was watching it today, and pretty much watch it whenever I can (i love that they show re-runs on-line... :D). I want every single pair of Stacy's shoes. :D

Tori said...

Oh my goodness Anne! I used to watch that all the time and now I haven't seen it in ages! I love what they do but I feel pretty limited in my attmpts at applying it do to a limited wardrobe. But I hear you on the shoes--I wish I could wear heels more but after a few hours my toes are toast.

Maybe we could watch it together sometime? =)

Becky said...

OMG I love, love, LOVE What Not to Wear!!! And I too am embarrassed to say how much I've learned. Just this spring I bought two new handbags - a mustard yellow and a hot pink. GORGEOUS! But the best is my selection of flats - green, leopard print, mustard, purple, red. I will often wear a black pantsuit with white tank top and then my bright kelly green loafers and it looks GREAT, if I do say so myself!

I just read an article by Carmindy in the Guideposts magazine and it was so inspiring, esp how she finds beauty in EVERYONE. Can you believe a hairstylist once told her she should ALWAYS wear bangs and cover up her forehead? She's so pretty, I can't imagine someone telling her that!

Just found your blog and can already tell I'm going to love it!

Callie said...

I love that show! I watch it all the time, so I suppose I'm addicted too! I love the "Color, pattern, texture, shine" rule - it's helped me put together better outfits on more than one occasion!

Unknown said...

You know I think the US version looks more fun and flamboyant. The UK version is hosted by these two boring ladies who wear horrendous clothes.

Anna Baur said...

I used to watch religiously, but it seemed like there weren't any new ones for a while and I started wondering if it was still running! Glad to know it is :) I'll have to start tivo-ing it!!