Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hawaii - Part 2

Yes, I've been back on mainland soil for 3.5 months already, but a piece of my heart stayed firmly planted in Maui.  Here are more glimpses of the loveliness of the Island.

Beautiful flowers and Hawaiian blessings were left on my pillow each day.

This lovely waterfall was on the grounds of our Resort.


We passed this gorgeous Hibiscus bush on our way to breakfast each morning.


Longhi's was our favorite restaurant and you could find us
there most mornings before starting our daily adventures.


This particular morning we lingered over French Press coffee
and a warm-from-the-oven blueberry scone. 
What they failed to mention when we ordered
our coffee that it was $15.  Yes, a Bodum of coffee,
holding appox 3 cups worth was $15. 
Have I been living under a rock?


In the town of Lahaina we went on a 2 hour whale-watch and afterwards our guide
said we saw a weeks-worth of humpback whales in that single outing!

Also in Lahaina we stumbled across the Banyan Tree -- so cool!


The perfect ending to any warm day in Hawaii is Shaved Ice.
Soooo delicious!


On this trip I became an Island Girl 
 


and forever fell in Love with the beautiful Island of Maui.

Aloha,

7 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

So beautiful! one day I'll go there!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

$15 for coffee! WOW...the most expensive cup of coffee that I had was in paris for $7. But it was good!!!! HAHA...

That last pictures is just FABULOUS!!!!! Love it. :)

LeAnna said...

That picture of you on the water against the blue blue sky is just GORGEOUS. I know so many people who have recently gone to Maui, and my parents went there for their 20th anniversary. Soooo gorgeous!

Callie said...

Oh, I love that big tree! We didn't really get to see one of those in Kauai - not sure why, maybe we just missed it. I miss Hawaii too. Derek and I definitely want to go back someday!

~M~ said...

Gorgeous photos!!

Jessica said...

Wow, I wanna go!!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh man I miss Hawaii now! Shaved ice, so good!!!