Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Game Days

Games. 


Hubby and I pretty much never plays games at home, even though we have several sitting on the shelf.  Why?  Not sure.  We love to play them with my {our!} siblings but we just don't really think about doing it when it's only the two of us.


One evening we had a couple of my little sisters over and hubby broke out Yahtzee.

I'm not sure who ended up having more fun -- him or the girls! 

While all this fun was going on at the kitchen table, I was busy making milkshakes, each one with their special-orders of Oreos or Reeses, vanilla or strawberry.  It was great fun to watch them playing, that is until I stopped paying attention to the shake I was blending and sprayed myself, the floor, counter, and packages of candy with a healthy dose of blended ice cream.  Um, yeah.   There was definitely a reason my mom always made me clean up my own messes in the kitchen after I cooked....probably because they were always twice as big as when she cooked.   Maybe even three times bigger. 

But moving on. . .

I loved watching the girls giggle and laugh, shaking the dice and counting their points.  And when one of my little sisters beat da hubby?  Yeah, that was pretty funny too.  Some kids just have a knack for games, and she certainly is one of them.  Doesn't matter what it is, she's always on a winning-streak with something.  But then she giggles and blushes when we tease her, and is utterly adorable. 

The girls played with our bunny and then we took them to see a local musical.  Such a lovely evening...I love family nights! 

Do you have games nights at home?

6 comments:

Meg said...

I have only done that with the blender once...and now I'm always careful. ;) I always thought I was a messy cook, but that was only until I saw the kitchen after Andrew cooked one night - it was a disaster zone!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

We both LOOOOVE to play games. We only have a few games that we play by ourselves at home (Scrabble, Boggle, and a card game). Otherwise, we try to have a game night with friends several times a month. I just recently taught our family how to play Boggle, as most of them had never played!

OOPS, been there, done that with the blender. Hee hee. ;-) Hope it was too difficult to clean up.

Jessica said...

Aww, that sounds like so much fun! I love game nights, too. And I always make big messes in the kitchen :-/

LeAnna said...

Our neighbors come over once a month or so and we play games, so much fun! We played The Last Word (I think that's what it was called?) last Saturday, and it was a blast!

Callie said...

I love game nights - sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

You are the most awesome person for making custom orders of milkshakes! I used to play games loads when I was younger. My favourite is Cluedo!