Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

Longhi's


I know I've written about Longhi's a few times, our favorite restaurant in Maui.
Several months ago I purchased their cookbook off Amazon.com and recently tried my first recipe from there -- Lemon Zucchini Pasta. 



Oh me oh my. 

Creamed wine sauce.  Ohhhh yes. 

Eating this pasta takes you to a place where calories don't exist.

Are you drooling yet? 

Want to try making it yourself?  Go right ahead.  Make your tastebuds happy.  They will start singing with joy.  By the second bite, you will be in pasta-bliss. 

Lemon Zucchini Pasta

1 tablespoon salt
1 pound linguine
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 small zucchini, julienned
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper


Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt, then drop the linguine into the boiling water. Cook until al dente, and drain.
 
While pasta is cooking, combine garlic, wine, and lemon juice and zest in a large sauté pan with high sides and reduce until 2 tablespoons remain, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and simmer for 1 minute.
 
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the zucchini and sweat for 1 minute.
 
Add the cooked pasta to the cream mixture. Add the zucchini and toss. Season generously with salt and pepper.
 
***  I also included a grated carrot which I added in with the zucchini and some diced grilled chicken.  It was a complete meal all by itself and so good. ***


Happy cooking,

2 comments:

Meg said...

MmmMmmm...sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

I'm a sucker for anything with citrus in it! YUM!