Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

the Cheetah

I love trying out new restaurants and feeling brave enough
 to order something that doesn't include french fries and chicken tenders.

Enter:  the Electric Cheetah

I was having dinner with a friend and since we didn't have our steak-loving men with us,
 we decided to enjoy some a little-less-meaty and a little-more-girly. 

Dinner was delicious! 

My friend had a French Dip with homemade potato chips:

and I had an Italian Admiral with Wild Mushroom soup:
Prosciutto, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, basil, black pepper, and fresh mozzarella.
Oh my.  And the soup?  Luscious.  So rich and flavorful with large chunks of fresh mushrooms.  I've been wanting more even since I finished!

The painted earthy-green walls had murals on them, and cool lights hung from the ceiling. 

This cafe uses as much locally grown food they can, a lot of natural and organic.
So good!  I'll definitely go back if I get the chance.

Have you tried anything new lately?

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

You had me at mushroom soup. Oh my, I love mushroom soup. The Pioneer Woman has a great mushroom soup recipe. Soooo good. I made homemade flour tortillas and roasted tomato salsa last night, nothing earth shatteringly new, but it was gooood. :)

Unknown said...

It's funny you mention that because there are certain restaurants I go to where I have the same thing. You dinners looks yummy and maybe I should venture out of the box as well :)