Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Missin' Maui

Have I mentioned that I fell in love with Hawaii when we were there last year?  Yes, I'm sure I have.  Once, twice, maybe a dozen times.  There is a reason they call it paradise. 

Over the past year, many reminders of our time in Hawaii have crept into our lives.

Ornaments.

Window decals.

Birthday parties.

Greetings.

Most recently, I cleaned the shells we brought back.  I soaked them in a bleach solution and scrubbed them up the best I could. 

This is where we found them:

And this is where they are now:
A constant reminder of the place that invades my dreams.


Where are you dreaming of today?

6 comments:

Tori said...

I love every one of these pictures. =)

I'm dreaming going on a vacation/getaway soon! Don't have any plans unfortunately...but I'm sure we'll do at least something small in the next 6 months! =)

Also, happy 2 years and 6 months of marriage!! =)

LeAnna said...

Mmm, one place I would love to go! Have I ever told you my Hubby lived there for 3 months while working? Right on the beach, he did. Lucky dog! I love how you displayed your shells, very cute. Happy 2.5 years of marriage! I loved your little mini-testimony in my comments, so glad God gives us wisdom to make decisions. Blessings this week, sweet girl!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love that decal, so fun!!! I can imagine dreaming of Hawaii all the time. Maybe someday I'll get to go...

I'm dreaming of oceans, and mountains!

Callie said...

Oh, I can sympathize! Derek and I still miss Hawaii from our trip in 2008, and we both have the blues over missing our cruise from last year . . . but I'm sure we have many more fun vacations ahead of us! I try to remind myself of that . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I have never been to any place like that... i would love to someday!

Jessica said...

I feel the same way about Sedona. We have little reminders all over the house, and I really miss it!