A couple of weeks ago I was introduced to a new method of cooking bacon. It has changed our life. . .or at least our diet!
{Maybe not for the better. . . but our tastebuds certainly are happy!}
I now cook bacon in the oven.
How many of you already do that?
Have I been living under a rock?
{Don't answer that.}
I first saw my mom doing this a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how well it actually worked. And then I tasted it. Oh yeah, it works. And in our house, it has become a favorite!
Good bye, frying pan! Hello, broiler pan!
The best method I have found is:
- Line an edged pan with foil
- Lay bacon strips flat
- Place is a cold oven
- Set temperature to 400 degrees
- Cook for 17-20 minutes
- Keep a close eyes on it after 17 because it will burn easily if it goes too long. When it's done, place on separate plate so the hot grease don't continue to cook the bacon.
The greatest about this method?
NO STINK & NO MESS!
I hate coming home the day after I have cooked bacon and having a dirty greasy smell permeating everywhere. But this way, no smell!!
And once you have all that crispy-cooked-to-perfection bacon...
the possibilities are endless!
We started with this:
Bacon & Brown Sugar Stuffed French Toast
This was some good stuff!
Perfect with fresh maple syrup, straight off the farm!
Next on my list to try is a Peanut Butter & Bacon sandwich, creation compliments of Lindsay.
What do you do with Bacon?






6 comments:
MMmm, I like to use the oven, stick it on an oven safe rack and then sprinkle it with brown sugar and pepper. ohhhh boy oh boy, it's like candy.
My grandparents owned a restaurant when I was younger and cooked a ton of bacon for their breakfast rush - in the oven. We have just always cooked it that way. Less clean up - incredible taste. ;)
i have never cooked bacon that way...but i always see people on tv do it! lol! i need to try it sometime. we love bacon!
We have always oven cooked our bacon! It has much more flavour and it's crunchier!
I love this, I am going to try it this weekend!!
Good heavens, that looks like an amazing sandwich. I did NOT need to see that today. ;-)
Another way that I have learned to eat bacon is cooked with brown sugar, cinnamon, and black pepper coating the sides. We love it served up with cheesy eggs. :D
Post a Comment