![]() |
| Source |
Sometimes I think about how amazing it would have been to live in a medieval castle.
We have fantasized about fairy tales since we were little.
Balconies. Moats. Drawbridges. Towers.
Will you climb the tower to save me?
Knights & Fair Maidens. Princes & Princesses.
The daring rescue of the damsel in distress!
These tales have undoubtedly created an unrealistic picture in my head of what it was really like way back when. Back before modern conveniences and equal opportunity.
Blood. Poverty. War. Contamination. Slave labor.
But there is no denying, those castles look mighty stunning.
![]() |
| Source |
The castles themselves might be out of reach, but the men that guarded them...
Those heroes...
They're still around.
I live with one.
I get to spend every day with my hero.
My prince. My knight in shining armor.
He protects his family.
Loves me with all his heart.
Works hard to provide.
Slays my dragons.
He tries to make all my dreams come true.
So maybe I don't have any moats or drawbridges, but that doesn't mean I don't have the fairy tale.
Every day I get to be a princess, and I wouldn't trade my prince for all the castles in the world.
Every day I get to be a princess, and I wouldn't trade my prince for all the castles in the world.





No comments:
Post a Comment