Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Holiday Weekend

I’ve been so bad about blogging & commenting lately!
Sometimes it’s nice to have a break from the cyber world though.

How was your holiday weekend?

Hubby & I took a couple extra days off work to make the most of our holiday, but like always, time off went by too quickly. The weather was beautiful – hot and humid, but so nice to see the sun shining!!! Saturday afternoon we spent at the lake with friends, just enjoying the cool breeze and the Jet Ski. Gotta love the relaxing that happens when you have time away from work.



Also this weekend, in an effort to spruce up our back yard a bit, we splurged on a humming bird feeder and a couple Tiki torches. Granted, the torches are nothing like the ones in Maui, but it’s the best we could do for now. 
During random free moments over the past few days, I have sat outside staring at my flower bed and have now come up with some plans for it (plans like digging most of it up and starting from scratch…) but we’ll have to wait and see if that comes to fruition this summer.

Hope everybody is doing well.  I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things after having a few fun lazy days off from work! :-)

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love holiday weekends! Your toes are cute! :-)

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday weekend! I want to get a hummingbird feeder too! I don't know where I'd put it though in order to best enjoy it :-)

Melanie said...

I LOVE that you wear a toe-ring..so do I!!!!! Glad you had a nice weekend..my hubby had to work thru the holiday weekend so it was a bit of a bummer..but he's off this weekend..time to have some fun and relax!! :-) Hummingbird feeders are the best..I have a couple and make my own "hummy" food..equal parts sugar and water boiled and let to cool..add red food coloring if you like! :-)

LeAnna said...

Glad you've been doing good, girl! You'll love the hummingbird feeder, we had one when we didn't live on this windy hill and the hummingbirds were SO fun to watch!

Unknown said...

Pleased to hear your doing well and had such a lovely sunny weekend!

Anna Baur said...

Sounds like a great holiday weekend to me :) Relaxing with your honey is so nice! Me and my fam went to two family reunions, and it was craziness. Mikey and I are looking forward to the weekend to catch up on some rest! :) haha.

Good luck with your garden!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing weekend! :)

Tori said...

Well done Anne--taking time to rest is so important and often forgotten these days! <3