In my last post I mentioned that at times I feel like a bit of a contradiction.
Could that mean that I have *gasp*… quirks?
Indeed I do. (Just ask my husband!)
But you know what? I’m okay with that.
Also in addition to quirks, I have insecurities. Big. Time.
I hate being the center of attention or being up in front of people (even if it’s only going around the room and everybody having to say their name – hate that!).
I don’t really like ‘friendly’ social gatherings because I would much more prefer a quiet chat over a cappuccino than a high-energy party where I have to mingle and come up with cutesy small-talk chatter.
I spent a long time not feeling brave enough to step out of my comfort-zone and try new things, even if deep down I wanted to. (My husband is amazing at helping me with this one!).
I constantly struggle with feelings of failure and inferiority. Often scared of trying something because I’m afraid I’ll fail at it.
But guess what?
Regardless of the quirks or insecurities I may have, I am so glad that I am created in God's image and am fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14) He knew me before the foundations of the earth, and He chose me to be His own. He loves me, quirks and all, and delights in the fact I am His child. Each day He is working on me, working in my heart, on my attitude, and leading & guiding my life. This work of sanctification won’t be completed until He calls me Home, but I’m so glad He doesn’t give up on me while I’m here. I get scared and insecure, and all I want to do is retreat into my “bubble” or comfort zone (or crawl under my desk…) but that’s when I have to remember that I am a child of the Most High God and that is where my confidence will come from, must come from, and does come from. The ‘confidence’ the world offers us isn’t the real deal. It comes with strings and no sort of lifetime warranty. It’s a teaser, often with consequences…but I’ll save that for another post.
So reach for Truth – God’s truth, and that is where your strength will come from.


5 comments:
I am trying to get better at talking in big crowds...it takes time...a long. time. for. me. Enjoy your weekend!!
I have a huge fear of failure too. But, I am truly thankful for my husbands constant encouragement and support. Love the verse! :)
Thanks for such an encouraging post! I feel like I am the queen of insecurities, and it's nice to be reminded that my confidence and strength comes from God, and not myself!
Amen, sister! Like you, I also struggle with failure. And, it keeps me from doing a lot of what I want to do. For me I think it's almost a pride thing...I hate being wrong. Not out of egotistical reasons, but I just don't like messing up! So...if failure is at all in the foreseeable picture, I tend to avoid it. That's not how God wants us to be, though! Because if we're doing things for Him, it won't matter if we "fail" in our own eyes. It's not our agenda we're living for, anyway. Good thoughts!
Oh man, I know how that goes...I'm fairly insecure without someone I know nearby! But you got the key point--HE is our source. Thanks for sharing dear!
Post a Comment