Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Day in the Life: the Kitchen


Welcome to our little home!  Would you like a cup of tea or coffee while we chat for awhile? 


Last week I had a sudden burst of energy and decided to do some serious cleaning & reorganizing in our kitchen. Our very small kitchen. And while I was cleaning, I decided it might be fun to give y’all a tour of my happy little place. Our kitchen is small and not laid out very efficiently, but I LOVE to cook so I have learned to make the best of it.

The stove is not the ‘norm’ for the modern-day family. It is what I would guess to be a 1950-60’s style with two ovens that are so narrow half my cookie sheets won’t fit in them. That being said, I LOVE my stove because the burners heat perfectly and the ovens cook to perfection! The white beast might be an eye-sore, but it cooks like angel! Aesthetically speaking however, I think it would more appropriately belong in either Aunt Bee’s or Lucy Ricardo’s kitchen.

Our lovely avocado-green refrigerator stands at a mere 5 ft tall, making it what my mother calls “a conversation piece” because you can talk to another person while looking right across the top of it. Because our refrigerator is so short it becomes a catch-all for things much like a dining room table might: vitamins, coupons, gift-cards, mail, etc, making it a cluttered-up mess! And speaking of that, the top of the refrigerator was the first thing I tackled when I started deep-cleaning the kitchen.

BEFORE

AFTER



I also needed to jazz up the overhead of the cupboards because that is the first thing people see when they walk into the house. I just grabbed a few things from different places in the house and I thought it turned out rather cute.






There were several other adjustments made, things gotten rid of that don't get used, shelves organized, and then the counter tops were scrubbed, floor swept, dished all washed. 

Just in time for me to cook a big meal and dirty it all up again!




Tonight's Menu:

Classic Italian Lasagna
Sautéed Green Beans w/ Pecans
Cheddar Biscuits



Biscuits baking in the oven 
Pecans caramelizing on the stove
Finished Green Beans

Let's Eat!!!

  






4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your kitchen..its so cute!! :-) And you sure did clean up...looks wonderful!! Always love to see peoples lives!

Tori said...

Well done, Anne! And that dinner looks fabulous! <3

Callie said...

What a fun post!

Jessica said...

What a cute kitchen! The meal looks delicious :-)