Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Children

Sometimes I am amazed by children -- their ability to see past disabilities, quirks, and even past the “unloveliness” that we as adults are often made awkward by. The hug of a child can light up the faces of those who never smile, and their kind words can warm a lonely heart.

My grandma always used to say that it was us grandkids that “kept her going.” I understand that better now as I observe the impact children have on the older generations. Children bring a joy to life that most other things cannot.

I don’t think God ever intended for there to be such generational-segregation as there is now in society. The older should teach the younger, the younger should learn from and respect the older, and the youngest, well, they’re just delightful and we can all learn a thing or two from them!

My grandma said it was us grandkids that gave her something to live for, but the day she died my heart broke in half.  In His grace and perfect timing, God then brought a child into my life, giving me something else to love. Two days after we buried my grandma, God brought sweet Mary into my family’s arms. Only five weeks old and needing all the love in the world, God used that little angel to start healing the sadness in my heart. Although my grandma never met my baby sister, I always think of them together knowing how much they would have loved each other. I had spent so much time with my grandmother the last couple years of her life, that when she passed, that energy was then poured into the little baby who had much to overcome at such a young age.

That little darling is now 5 ½ and never ceases to bring a laugh & smile to all who are around her. She is so loved and spreads sunshine everywhere she goes. She is without a doubt, the Little Princess.






10 comments:

Lindsey said...

They amaze me too! They are just so honest and innocent! Take me back to those days, lol! I miss no responsibilities!

Elizabeth said...

Children are wonderful!! :-)

LeAnna said...

Absolutely agree with this! Kids are amazing that way. Loved the pics, too, your sis is a pretty little lady!

Callie said...

This is such a beautiful post. I love the pictures too!

Springblom said...

I've been trying to hop over and tell you THANK YOU so much for the gift of the vanilla sugar scrub you sent me. It smells lovely and transforms my otherwise patchy-looking legs into smooth, silky and unpatchy looking. And I think of you every time I use it.

*hug* Thanks for that blessing. :)

Jessica said...

Aww, so cute! Children definitely do bring a lot of joy into life!

Unknown said...

The pictures ooze her charisma and charm. One thing I love about children's smiles is the freedom they radiate from them. I find it quite liberating :)

Tori said...

Great post, Anne! <3 Its so true...they do bring such life and God uses them in marvelous ways every day. =)

Jessica Morris said...

How very sweet!!

It is incredible what a unique perspective such a little person can offer :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, Ann! I somehow missed this post. So precious! Your sister is adorable. I LOOOOVE my younger brothers. *Sigh* I don't know what I would have done without them growing up.