The curtains next to me are dancing as a delicious breeze blows through the open window.
Coffee has finished brewing and I now have a steamy mug of hazelnut warmth next to me.
My husband is a dozen feet away from me at the kitchen table studying and doing homework.
Our bunny is taking an afternoon nap in the corner, his ears twitching once in a while to make sure we’re still around.
There is a load of laundry on the line, one in the wash, and one in the dryer. Our down comforter is also on the line, being aired out in the cool breeze, on what might be the last lovely weekend of the season.
Of course there is always more that could be done, but right now it is time for a break. It is time to enjoy the tranquility of this lazy afternoon. The dishes in the sink can wait awhile longer, and the carpet doesn’t have to be vacuumed right this minute.
I want to enjoy the calm that comes when I’m not rushing out the door for work or juggling meal planning and grocery shopping. I will just be still for a minute. Still so I can think, ponder, and listen. I feel myself take a deep breath and sigh as I lean back on the couch cushions, sink into their softness and fight the urge to simply curl up and take a tap. I hear birds chirping outside and turn my face towards the window so I can feel the gentle breeze blowing across it.
I glance into the kitchen and catch my beloved’s eye. He smiles at me, eyes twinkling, as he takes a sip of coffee. He mouths the words I love you before returning to his textbooks.
I am thankful for the peace in these moments and for the time to simply be still.



2 comments:
Beautiful <3
Awe, beautiful post! :D
Post a Comment