On one particular Sunday afternoon we were blessed with one of those days when you just can’t stay indoors because it’s so positively gorgeous out. We decided to grill burgers, picked up some corn on the cob and some other picnic fixings. I made some strawberry lemonade and we were heating up the grill, preparing it for our feast.
I went out to put the corn on, and there were flames coming out from the front base of the grill, jumping up nearly to the lid handle. Now I’m no grill expert, but I was pretty sure that wasn’t a great sign. Mike came out to take a look and sure enough, the propane line had malfunctioned, the flames had melted all the front knobs, and our whole grill was a goner.
{But, I am SO thankful we caught it early enough that the propane tank didn’t explode and blow up the house.
Yeah, that’s wouldn’t have been so good.}
Yeah, that’s wouldn’t have been so good.}
So we fired up our itty-bitty mini-grill and tried again. Success!
And for the record, let me just tell you that corn was heavenly. The flavor was wonderful and it was so tender and juicy. For 19 cents an ear, I should have bought more than two… Forget the chips & dip – I wanted more corn!
And for the record, let me just tell you that corn was heavenly. The flavor was wonderful and it was so tender and juicy. For 19 cents an ear, I should have bought more than two… Forget the chips & dip – I wanted more corn!
Mike made burgers to tempt any palate, perfectly seasoned, topped with bacon and fresh mozzarella. Yummm.
Let me tell ya people, this was some seriously-good picnic food!
Have y'all started picnicking yet?
PS - fun summer giveaway at Mrs Southern Bride!!!




5 comments:
I love grilling!! And strawberry lemonade. It has been forever since I've made it!
Best part of this time of year, the grilling! That corn looks amaaazing!
We grill a lot during the summer, but haven't started just yet! ;) And strawberry lemonade sound wonderful!
Oh I'm so craving corn now!!!!
That looks so good! The grill situation sounds like it was pretty scary though...I'm glad you guys found it when you did!
Post a Comment