Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Munchies

I had some Cap'N Crunch cereal to use up from a previous recipe so I decided to make some yummies with the leftovers!

Ooey-Gooey Cereal Bars
  • 1 c. Karo syrup
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 c. peanut butter, smooth and unsweetened
  • 4 ½ c. Cap’n Crunch cereal
  1. In a medium sauce pan, mix Karo syrup and sugar, bringing to a boil and stirring until sugar is dissolved. 
  2. Remove from heat and mix in remaining ingredients (minus cereal) and stir until smooth. 
  3. Add in cereal and mix well.  
  4. Flatten mixture into a wax paper lined dish or pan and allow to set.  
  5. You must work fast so it doesn’t start to harden before you have it pressed out. 
I cut mine with a pizza cutter, which worked great.  I also kept them in the refrigerator and let them sit out for a few minutes before eating.


These are pretty naughty, but oh so good!

Hope your week is off to a GREAT start!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i bet these are amazing!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Feel free to send me a package of those bars. ;- )