It's Girl Scout cookie time!
I had it on good authority (my husband's) that Samoas were the best Girl Scout cookies ever.
E.v.e.r.
However, my knowledge of this didn't occur until after GS cookie season had ended last year and I had failed to order any. Up until my husband asked why I didn't order any cookies, I had been unaware of the amazing yumminess that was supposedly held within the confines of these chocolately-coconutty cookies.
I mean seriously people, I make my own cookies. Why would I buy some pre-made stuff in a box? (Oreos excepted, of course.)
This year when somebody at work was selling cookies for their daughter I bought a box to surprise him.
A couple weeks before the cookie orders were due to come in, I found a special edition Somoas ice cream on sale and decided to give it a try.
I would consider it to be good for a spoonful, but not for a bowl full. It didn't do much to get my hopes up for these boxed cookies.
And then they arrived.
Everybody at work was tearing into their boxes as they got passed out. Seriously, these people were going crazy over cookies. I decided to give mine a try.
People.
These are da bomb.
I was regretting having only bought one box...
and regretting having to take it home to share.
{But don't look at the ingredient list.
Just sayin'.}
They're also good if they've been in the freezer for awhile, but I'm not sure if I like them better that way or straight out of the box. Either way is pretty good stuff!
So I've become a cookie-convert.
But only when it comes to GS cookies.
What's your favorite kind?




6 comments:
Now I'm hungry!
I love those! The peanut butter ones are great too.
I can honestly say I've NEVER had a GS cookie, does that make me poor and deprived? I do like Pepperidge Farms mint milanos, though. Which has nothing to do with this post, but I didn't want to feel left out and all...:P
I'm not sure I've ever actually had a Samoa girl scout cookie, but now I feel like I want to try one!
Ah, I love me some girl scout cookies. After being a girl scout for many years. These are classics that will just never go out of style.
I love girl scout cookies! Thin Mints and Tagalongs are both my favorites. Samoas are good too, though!
Post a Comment