Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There are those days. . .

Once in awhile I think we all have days that we feel should be started over from the beginning.

And once in awhile, there are even weeks that quite possibly should be rewound and started from scratch.

Weeks where your checking account is pennies away from zero and where laundry & dishes are reaching the ceiling. . . weeks when you start seeing the glass as more half empty instead of half full.

And maybe these weeks have some more hiccups in them too. . .

Like when you have a much-awaited chiropractor adjustment, only to slip on the ice a few hours later and mess everything back up again and then some. 

Or maybe that’s when you might try to fill a prescription, only to end up in the middle of a miscommunication between your doctor’s office and the insurance company, leaving you without any script for the next two days.

It’s weeks like these when maybe a whole night passes you by, one minute at a time, only for you to finally fall asleep a mere 45 minutes before the alarm goes off and you have to get ready to leave for work. 
And then it happens again the next night.

And sometimes nights like those are followed by days at work where you’re shaking with chills because you might possibly have a fever.  And of course, you would have taken your temperature before you left for work, except that you didn’t have any replacement batteries so all the thermometer did was beep at you. 

These days of course will probably fall on the rare occasion that you don’t have any food in the house either, so you weren’t able to pack lunch for yourself like you usually do.  You can just run out and grab something real quick, but your gas tank is so low that wherever you go has to be close enough to the office that you still have enough gas to make it back home when you leave at 5:00.

Do you ever have weeks or days like these?  I did.

Days where you need an extra dose of grace?  I do.  

”Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Hebrews 4:16

It is often in these not-so-planned eventful days that God in all his graciousness gives me gentle reminders of His strength, His might, and His provision for me. He reminds me that I am so blessed and that the obstacles happening around me are very very very trivial in the larger scheme of circumstances.  

Sure, I wouldn’t mind having a few more pennies in my wallet and perhaps a few more hours of sleep tonight… but I am blessed, and I am thankful.

I know where I belong and more importantly, Whom I belong to.

And while I've been here pondering these things, I think I just burned my rice on the stove...



6 comments:

LeAnna said...

Girl, I needed to read this tonight. Just now. It was so, so timely. I hear ya, and I hear the need for a little extra grace. New mercies in the morning, my friend.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I hope you can laugh at those days in the days to come. Lord knows I've been there, done that. When life gets tough I usually take a "time out" on the couch. It's usually then that I look around me, and am reminded of all the blessings that He has bestowed on me. :)

Elizabeth said...

I loved this post! I need to take more time out in my day...I need to slow down!

I have announced the book I will be using for my book club...come over to visit my blog to sign up for it! :-)

Meg said...

I have been there too, girl. I'm so glad that our God is a faithful, loving God and doesn't give up on us when we forget how blessed we are!

Unknown said...

I have moments when I am like this too. Your not alone =]

Jessica said...

Aww :-( Praying for you today! Have you heard Francesca Battistelli's new single, "This is the Stuff"? You should listen to it today, I found it very uplifting when I heard it on the radio this morning :-)