It's not very often that I get a true craving for a certain food.
There are staples that always sound good:
Pizza
French Fries
Pasta
Bread
Ice Cream
You get the idea....
But those are not craving -- those are just foods I seldom pass up because I could eat them all the time. However, the exception to my rare cravings would be this one meal...a meal I sometimes crave even on back-to-back days, and simply cannot get enough of.
Chicken Shawarma & Hummus w/ pita
from the local Lebanese restaurant.
Wow. So amazing.
I can't begin to accurately describe to you the amazing combination of flavors that burst in your mouth as you bite into that chicken wrap. Creamy garlic sauce, marinated chicken, loads of dill pickles, in a warm soft wrap.
It's truly a wonderful experience.
And the Hummus? Well, you have heard my rants about the merits of homemade vs. store bought. You know I make my own and tell the world how they can do it too. But to taste hummus from this little restaurant is to taste something I have been unable to recreate in my own kitchen. It is simply magnifique! And with the pitas so thin and soft, so ready to be dipped and devoured.
So delicious.
So delicious.
Have you ventured into the world of Lebanese food?
What do you crave?



3 comments:
Mmm, Schwarma is DELICIOUS! I like it Jordanian style though, less tomato salady mixture, more chicken, the schwarma is grilled (kind of like a panini) and cut into manageable chunks!
Wow, I've never had Lebanese food, but you make me want to run out and try some . . .
Anne! I LOVE THAT PLACE! And Peter doesn't really care for it sooo...
You. Me. Schwarma King. Soon!
Post a Comment