Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Watcha Reading?

I love to read, but sadly there are times when weeks go by without me having the opportunity to pick up a book or do more than glace over a page or two. I have been trying to adjust my priorities a bit lately and bump reading a little higher up on the list.

Natalie over at http://www.pursuethebeauty.com/ is doing a fun Quest trying to see what everybody is reading these days – a stack they are currently reading and a stack they are waiting to read. Here is my submission, and you are all welcome to add yours as well.


Currently Reading:

“Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers – I know this book has received rave reviews, but I’m halfway through and my verdict is still out on it.

“Master Your Metabolism” by Jillian Michaels – only a couple chapters in but very informative and gives lots of good information in one place that I’ve been trying to grab from hundreds of sites online.

Ryrie Study Bible – given to me by my beloved husband on our wedding day

“The Daily Sacrifice” by the late H.A. Ironside – a simply daily devotional…short, but a good way to start the day.

Waiting to Read:

“Love and Respect” by Emerson Eggerichs – I’ve read bits & pieces of this book but eventually I want to read it in its entirety.

“Shopping for Time” by Caroyln Mahaney – a birthday gift, which ironically, I haven’t had time to read yet… -- “leading women to the bedrock of biblical priorities and then suggests real-life methods by which to apply them”

“Fearlessly Feminine” by Jani Ortlund – “encouraging women to be joyfully confident in who they are before God.”

“Prison Letters” by Corrie Ten Boom – letters written by Corrie during her stay in the Nazi concentration camps.


What’s on YOUR reading lists?

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the review of Jillian's book! I have thought about buying it and now I just might!

Brittney Galloway said...

I want to read Love and Respect too! That's on my list for next year, for sure!

Callie said...

I've read Love and respect - it's really good. I highly recommend it! I'm reading "Knowing God" by J.I. Packer and "Fifth Seal" by Bodie and Brock Thoene!

Tori said...

Just re-read Redeeming Love on the plane rides to and from Japan and God used it to challenge me to let go of some of my fears and trust Him more. There are definitely parts I don't like in the book, but I do love the expressing of unconditional love and how real most of it feels.

And I just did some skimming through Love and Respect the other day! To be honest I haven't finished reading it, but Peter and I saw all the DVDs for the small group program thing they have and it really challenged me and helped me understand Peter better and understand how to love him through respect.

Good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anne. I found your blog your the "quest". "Redeeming Love" isn't in the picture on my "to read" section but that's definitely one I want to read soon. My old college roomate tried to get me to read it and she was not a fan of fiction. I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone is reading!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh, I want read Jillian's book, that looks like a really good read!

I just finished my first Jodi Picoult book, Plain Truth. I want to finish reading Great Expectations soon, and a Lori Wick book that I recently picked up. :)

Meg said...

I fist read Redeeming love a few years ago... I had to read it two or three times before I really liked it. It really shows the ugliness of sin and what true forgiveness is. I loved the picture she painted of our relationship with Christ in the book.

Respect and love is an awesome book. Highly recommend it!

I haven't been reading much either... right now I'm reading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge and we just finished The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. ;)