Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

Christmas busyness is over and now it’s time to gear-up for our January busyness, which I’m sure ya’ll will be hearing more about in future posts.

Christmas day for us was filled with family festivities, food and fun. Lots of food. My food contributions were sickeningly-sweet White Chocolate Gingerbread bars and Hummus w/ wheat chips. The hummus turned out so good that I’ve been longing for a taste of it ever since. It was my first time making it but now I’m totally hooked and plan on never buying it from the store again.

Mom surprised me “The Pioneer Woman” cookbook, about which I was very excited! Especially since I bought the same cookbook for her birthday back in November and coveted it from the day I ordered it until I unwrapped my very own copy on Friday! I have been pouring over the pretty pages and tantalizing recipes…I can't wait to start cooking!

Ashamedly I must admit, we did not get a single picture on Christmas day (or eve), which will make for a pretty boring page in our 2009 scrapbook. …not that I’ve started our 2009 scrapbook yet, but I will. Really, it’s on my list of things to do…in 2010…and I’m already envisioning how pathetic the holiday section will look because there are no pictures. Maybe I’ll have to resort to buying some cute elf stickers and doodling ribbons and holly around the edges and writing a little poem about how lame it is that we couldn’t manage to get a picture of ourselves around Christmastime that even remotely resembled the look of something festive.

It was a lovely day, and as I recall, I even managed to stay awake for all of it. It was wonderful to have a couple days off from work, spend time with family and just enjoy each other’s company. I am so blessed.

Did you have a good Christmas?

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Let me now how you like the cookbook! So fun! I love my Snuggie, it is so cute and warm!

Meg said...

Oh, I saw that cookbook online a few weeks ago and wanted it. Is there some great stuff in there?

We had a wonderful first Christmas together! ;) with lots of pictures!

Elizabeth said...

I love cookbooks! They are the best! Just came across your blog from Lindsay's!! Nice to hear you had a great holiday!!!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! I must admit, I'm jealous of your cookbook ;-) I should have hinted about it to my husband! hehe...I'll just have to save up and buy it myself :-)

Callie said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas! The cookbook looks great! We had a lovely Christmas too!