Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Fun!

“…presents underneath the tree, candles burning bright…stockings hung with lots of care…on this silent Christmas night…”



All our Christmas shopping is finally done as of this morning. Internet shopping = For the Win! Amazon.com has the best deals and it sure beats having to push & shove your way though the crowded stores (not that I’d ever shove, mind you) and wait in insanely long checkout lines.

I can’t believe I haven’t watched any Christmas movies yet this year. Tragic. However, “The Grinch” is an absolute-must before December is over! Little Cindy-Lou Who is completely irresistible and no holiday season is complete without watching Max try to pull the overstocked sleigh or the Grinch sewing his own Santa suit. *sigh* I love animated films.

The holiday festivities for the week include:
  • Tuesday I’ll be going with my husband to his company Christmas party, which I hear will be complete with pizza and Guitar Hero…
  • Christmas Eve is our Christmas together with just the two of us, and then a Christmas Eve service at church, which is always very lovely.

  • Christmas day is split between our two families, which always makes me more thankful that none of us are too far away from each other! Breakfast with his family, supper with mine – always great memories made on that day!
Mom asked me to make hummus for Christmas, so I have to whip up that on Thursday and a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball for the party on Tuesday. We have a vacation coming up in January so I've been trying not to keep too many sweets in the house this season.  So far so good, although I did splurge on a batch of brownies last week... :)

Are you making any new recipes or anything fun this week?

3 comments:

Meg said...

I'm baking all day tomorrow and then some more on Wednesday as well. I whipped up four different batches of dough this past Sunday in order to save time in the kitchen tomorrow... and I still have sugar cookies, a rainbow cake and 2 apple pies to make. oy!

Hope ya'll have a great Christmas! =)

Brittney Galloway said...

Hmmm, not much this week, though I am going to help my momma make her famous molasses cookies!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you're going to have so much fun this Christmas! I am also a big fan of amazon.com Christmas shopping! I barely had to buy anything at the actual stores this year :-)