Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Recipes, please!

If you’ve read this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I have fallen in love with cooking over the past several months. The time has come however, to simplify my week-night meals in the hopes of cutting back on our grocery budget and to have cooking & clean-up take less time out of my evening.
Which has lead me on a hunt for more recipes in the following categories:
  •  Chili 
  • Soup 
  • Crockpot meals 
  • Meals easily frozen
Anybody have anything they want to contribute?

But so it’s not all-take-and-no-give, here is a vegetarian chili recipe I made last week which was quite scrumptious.
(My hubby likes meat in his food and said it would be good some ground beef or turkey added.)


Bean Chili
  •  5 c. chopped fresh tomato (if you don’t have fresh, or not enough, substitute with canned diced tomatoes) 
  • 1 can refried beans 
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 
  • 1 can red beans, rinsed and drained 
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1 zucchini, shredded
  • 1 can corn, drained 
  • 2 packages taco seasoning 
  • 1 package dry Italian dressing 
  • 1 tsp. chili powder 
  • 1 Tbsp. vinegar 
  • 1 c. beef broth 
  • 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot
 and simmer on low for 5-7 hrs.
Yes, it’s that easy.

ENJOY!




4 comments:

Meg said...

I have a few recipes I hope to be posting on my blog soon, but I love, love love this website for crockpot recipes! http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

btw, I got your card. Thank you! :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

What kind of food do yall like? I'm all about soups and easier meals, because during the week I just get SOOO TIRED and don't feel like do anything 'fancy'.

Lindsey said...

Oh this looks amazing!! I need to fall in love with cooking now, haha! I love finding recipes at www.allrecipes.com and www.foodnetwork.com.

Callie said...

Hmm, I posted a pumpkin soup on my blog not too long ago that's really easy - and you can always do one of those "just-add-water" mixes and leave it to simmer in the crockpot while you are at work. I do that sometimes - just be sure the crockpot is on low.