Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Anniversary!

Twelve months have come & gone so quickly. We have learned a lot, changed a little, and our love has grown to depths deeper than I knew was possible. It was an absolutely wonderful year and I treasure the moments & memories it brought us.

Our anniversary wasn’t an extravagant celebration by any means, but it was simple & quiet (like us) and it was a wonderful day. The greatest gift is simply being with each other.

We went to one of those fun restaurants for lunch where they play country music overhead and have a bucket of peanuts on your table...and were you throw the peanut shells on the floor, which is the most fun part! :) 



At home we cut into our year-old wedding cake, a tradition we thought was pretty cool, especially considering we didn't really get to have any cake at the wedding unless you count feeding each other a bite when we cut it (but my bite was all frosting and I ended up running into the bathroom to spit it out...).  Mom had wrapped it up tight and kept it in the deep-freeze all year and it survived surprisingly well.  The cake was moist and the raspberry filling was delicious! 





And last, but certainly not least, we exchanged our very first anniversary cards.  My dear husband always picks out the perfect cards and writes the sweetest things inside...guaranteed to make me cry. :) 


It was a perfectly lovely day and a delightful way to spend the day commemorating our first year together.  I so look forward to spending many happy years with this dear man that God brought into my life. 

How have ya'll celebrated your past anniversaries, or any fun plans for future ones?


6 comments:

Callie said...

SOunds like a great anniversary! Our first year anniversary was a couple months ago, but we were watching my parent's dog at the time. We went to a movie and I left our top layer of wedding cake out on the counter to thaw, and the dog ate our cake! Well, actually he didn't eat it, he just licked the frosting off of it. It's pretty funny, but we were sad we didn't get to try the cake (because we didn't really have any at the wedding either).

Meg said...

Sounds like a lovely way to celebrate your first year together.

You're probably the first person I've heard of that has enjoyed eating a year old cake. We didn't even bother saving any for us. We'll either purchase a small cake or I'll probably end up making one for us to celebrate our first anniversary.

Congratulations on your first year together! :)

Brittney Galloway said...

Happy Anniversary! I found your blog through Callie and have enjoyed reading! I'm glad your cake survived the first year- ours didn't last 3 months, haha.

Brittney said...

AWWW! Congratulations ;). We got to celebrate ours a little late, but it was still so wonderful and special... and to think that it had been 12 months since that wonderful day and we were still madly in love.... only more so. :) I had always been told the anniversary cake never tastes very good.... but wow. It was preserved NICELY! My husband had piece after piece.... :) After he smeared the first bite all over my face. ;)

Congratulations, once again.

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! We also didn't get a chance to eat our cake at the wedding, but unfortunately, ours was pretty dried out and disgusting by the time our one-year anniversary rolled around, so we only ate a few bites!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, how sweet!! :) I can't wait to try out cakes! We actually kept the top layer on both of our cakes (bridal and the grooms cake).

Happy anniversary!!!