Life swirls around at an alarming rate, leaving little time to sit and organize my thoughts in a semi-interesting way. Writing has become little more than a fleeting thought these days.
Lately I have been reminded that the people I come in contact with are often fighting a harder battle than I am. It’s pitifully easy to get caught up in the frustrating circumstances a day might bring, yet so easy to overlook the beautiful moments given to us, and the grace of God that surrounds those frustrating, hard or painful times. Discouragement may creep in, but I need to start remembering to head-it-off-at-the-pass by clinging to the hope He has promised to His children.
It would be easy for me to whine about the things in life that weren’t going quite as I might like them to at the moment, but maybe I’d be better off coming up with a list of things God is doing and what is right in my life. And guess what? That list is a whole lot longer.
God has promised me life everlasting, love unbounded, correction, direction, and protection. When everything is spinning and I don’t know what direction is up, God is still constant and stable, just wanting me to take a deep breath and trust Him. I can’t fix things myself, I don’t have the answers for my future, I don’t know what tomorrow holds, let alone a year from now. I do however, know that God is in control of my life, that He will faithfully guide my footsteps, and that no matter what, I will never be alone. I also know that He has given me an amazing husband, and side-by-side we get through this life one day at a time and everything is better because we’re together, and no matter what, it’ll be okay.
I have talked to people(either in person or through their blogs) who are struggling with the death of a spouse or baby, living with life-altering diseases, been kicked out of their homes, lost jobs, or worst of all, people who are living with no hope because they are without the salvation we’re given through Jesus Christ.
Compared to all that, I’m ashamed that I whined about the fact the power in our house went out this morning and I had to move all our food to my parent’s house until it comes back on. Minor inconvenience, but definitely not life altering. I should instead have been thankful that I had food in my freezer to move and a family who is always there to lend a hand.
Life is good; I am blessed beyond measure; there is a joy in my heart & soul that goes beyond words. Lord, help me to live out that joy and not just talk about it being there.
How’s your attitude? I know mine needs some work at times. Or maybe a lot of the time. :-)
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

2 comments:
(in response to your comment)
Thanks for the music suggestions! I will definitely check them out!
So, last time I commented without reading this post. It's beautiful!
Matt definitely SHOULD NOT go. I think he's so talented and creative! And I kinda like it that he trys alot of different styles.
Post a Comment