![]() |
| via |
Do you love your home?
Is it your haven; your happy place?
Is it a place you can run to, shut the door, and know you're safe?
Is it filled with love, harmony, and peace?
This is what I want for our home, and pray often that God will continue to make these things true within our four walls. I feel so blessed that it is a haven, because I know there are many people who don't have that luxury within their walls.
Part of having that haven at home is the time & effort we put into it, and the praying done on it's behalf. These are the things that I pray for in our home:
- That God's peace will reign in our home, and in our hearts.
- That we can create a joyful atmosphere, and remember to praise God no matter our circumstances.
- That we love each other despite our faults, as Christ has loved us.
- That we surround ourselves with beautiful things as a reminder to appreciate the beauty that our Creator God has surrounded us with.
I only have three years under my belt as a homemaker, but I am so thankful for the example that was set for me all the years growing up by my mother. She made our home a haven, and that is my desire now.
I never really liked the word "homemaker," so I had to laugh when I read this quote below, by Elizabeth George.
I don't know about you, but I had an aversion to the word "homemakers" -- until I discovered what God had in mind.
Before that, it sounded like dull labor and mundane chores.
But...I learned that...I am simply to be a "home lover."
Any woman who carries in her mind and heart the thoughts "home, sweet home!" qualifies as a home lover.
Can any of you relate to that? Now home lover, I can handle!
How I enjoy learning to be a home lover! As the months slip by, there are always more things I am learning to do, and always edges to be refined. But there is great joy in this process, and I feel blessed that God has called me to be wife and a keeper at home.
If home is supposed to be a wonderful place, there has to be character built within its walls.
Truth. Purity. Loveliness.
Sounds familiar?
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)



4 comments:
i love elizabeth george!!! and i am for sure a home lover! :) what a great post!
I think I'm going to start using the term "home lover" too :-) Great post!! And I really love Elizabeth George.
Wow! That is such a neat way to think of it! :) thank you for sharing! :) Blessings!
Katy
Just came across this post from Callie's blog and I just loved what you had to share. I am definitely a home lover, but this inspires me to be more thoughtful about the atmosphere, and look, of my home. Thanks for writing!
Post a Comment