Snowmageddon aka The Blizzard of 2011
Meteorologists had been predicting it for a week and amazingly enough it actually happened. Apparently this storm was supposed to hit most of the U.S. too, if reports on Facebook and Twitter were any indication.
My boss sent the office staff home early from work on Tuesday and told us get ready to stay home on Wednesday. I'd never had a snow day from work before!
By 6:00 last night it was snowing pretty hard and when we got up this morning there was a good twelve inches (or more) of show outside. Most the state is covered under a minimum of a foot of snow and some places were pushing twenty inches. I’m sure this is considered “normal” in some states, but not here.
Everybody was told to stay off the roads, but of course there are some people who don’t heed that kind of advice. Like our neighbors, who we saw get stuck in the street and had to call a plow truck. Hubby went out to blow the driveway and I poked my head out to take a few pictures.
Now I am cuddled-up back on the couch watching the snow from the warmth and coziness of our little house.
This is the scene from my window while I'm working:
Enjoying some coffee and a bit of relaxation... I love snow days.







6 comments:
We got the thunderstorm end of it, with just a few snowflakes at the end. That's all though. I can't imagine that much snow!!!
Oh my, that sure is alot of snow you got! It is cold here in AZ, but no snow. Stay warm! xoxo!
Wow, you did get a lot of snow!! We were hit here too, but temperatures were unusually high for this time of year, so for us it was an ice storm. I've had the past 2 days off from work which has been great! But I think the storm's pretty much done now, so I'm preparing to go back tomorrow. boo! Haha...enjoy it! :-)
We got a few snow flakes here, but mainly thunderstorms and rapidly dropping temps. Hoping it clears out for our move this weekend!
enjoy your day off work! :)
We had a thunderstorm, sleet, ice and then about 8 inches of snow. My poor Hubby is still out clearing parking lots for some clients. I'm ready for Spring!
We did, only about 2-3 inches of snow. But temps colder than I remember ever having! It's -1.9 at the moment!
Post a Comment