Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Zingerman's

Last weekend we visited Zingerman’s Restaurant, a little over an hour away and definitely a favorite of the locals.
Friends here in town had mentioned it to me a few times, raving about their bread and Reuben sandwiches, so when we were in the Ann Arbor area we decided to check it out.

Wow.  What a cool place!

Zingerman’s has also been discovered by Food Network, and their mac & cheese made the Network’s “America’s Top 10 Comfort Foods” list. So of course, that’s what I ordered when we were there. Let me tell you, this ain’t your grandma’s macaroni & cheese! Mine had pieces of (free-range!) chicken, diced chilies, and bunches of cilantro with a smooth cheesy sauce.

Mike had their ribs, which are smoked for 14 hours before they are served. The flavor was so rich & amazing that he didn’t even put BBQ sauce on all of it.

And their mashed potatoes? Well, those you’ll just have to try for yourself. To. Die. For.

We chatted with the bus boy, manager, waitresses, and hostesses, and each one was charming and pleasant. It was truly five-star service but with the atmosphere of a Roadhouse. It was absolutely wonderful.

So if you’re ever in the Ann Arbor area, look ‘em up and give it a try!



5 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Now, I'm starved. That mac & Cheese sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

I want to go! Just be a VERY long flight x

Brittney Galloway said...

oooh, sounds so good!

Jessica said...

Sounds like my kind of place! If I'm ever in Ann Arbor I will definitely try it :-) We're not too, super far from there.

Elizabeth said...

Looks a a wonderful time!!