Admittedly, I have been skeptical about everybody’s rave-reviews of this product, not understanding how one brand could really be that much better than another. (Plus I had never wanted to spend $9 on a bottle just to try it out.)This past week I found it on sale and splurged, wanting to see if it really lived up to its reputation.
I applied the Japanese Rose Garden color to my nails, did a clear top coat and waited for the wow-factor. I got nothin'. It pretty much looked like any other nail polish I had ever used. Nothing special here.
The next morning however, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that even after doing a sink full of dishes and showering, the polish was still firmly intact.
Now, four days later, it still hasn’t chipped! Typically nail polish will last 10-15 hours on me and then look awful. I have never found one that doesn’t chip, peel, crack, or need daily touchups – until now!! !
My tips need to be touched up now, but that’s just from normal wear & tear (I’m pretty hard on my nails).
All that to say, I’m sold!
Do you wear OPI?
Has anybody used the “Nicole” by Opi? Any differences or benefits to that one?
Has anybody used the “Nicole” by Opi? Any differences or benefits to that one?


8 comments:
Oh man! I love OPI! Soooo nice. =) My Aunt has them and its always a treat when she does my nails!
I love OPI. When I lived in FL I got pedis all the time and always chose OPI, which would last, unchipped for over 3 weeks! My fingernails always chip much faster, but it usually lasts a week!
I am so pleased you have joined the OPI bandwagon. We do not have it over here in the UK and it is sold at stupidly high prices if it is but I have a friend who sends me it.
My reaction was the same as yours, not that amazed in the beginning but was so impressed that 3-4 days later the colour was still as shiny and no chipping! Totally worth the money :) I have one nail polish (barbie pink!) by Nicole and it works just as well in my opinion.
never used OPI but if you can wash a sink full of dishes with no chipping, I just might be sold!
so glad you found something that works! I've used OPI before, and I really like it....but I always feel like my fingers have stuff stuck on them when they're painted, so I don't paint them always :)
That's what hooked me as well. Pretty colors? Of course. But the staying power, big fat brush and clever names are what seals the deal. Every brand offers cute polish... but OPI manages to deliver the goods on a well-designed brush with a solidly shaped bottle. I'm convinced the delivery in this package is the key to their success. Branding... packaging... and a good product to boot.
It may cost a few bucks more, but the growing collection in my makeup cabinet tells me it's working. ;)
Oh yes! I was converted to Opi after getting a manicure shortly after we were engaged. The polish lasted for almost a month on me without any noticeable chips! Then for my wedding I had both a manicure and pedicure, and both lasted for close to 5 weeks...and they used Opi every time. :D Recently I tried a cheaper bottle from Target, and sure enough after only a few days, I had chips on my nails.
Thanks for the review! I'm always having problems with chipping, so I might have to try out some Opi polish now. :-)
Post a Comment