Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Randoms

Just a couple random thoughts! 

  • The book of Proverbs has 31 chapters and there are 31 days in most months. I am trying to read one chapter a day in this wonderful book of wisdom. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot if I do that all year! I mix other things in with my devotions, but it’s nice to have that as a ‘constant’ every day.

  • I have discovered that I eat less and am more careful about my food selections if I am keeping a food journal. When forced to write down every single morsel that enters my mouth, I’m way more conscientious about letting those calories touch my lips!
There you have it folks,
my two deep thoughts for the day.
 


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the random comments! I think that proverbs is a great tool to use! For sure!! As for the daily log of what you eat is VERY important!

Jessica said...

I love Proverbs. Such sweet little tidbits of wisdom!

Keeping a food diary for a week is on my goals list...You've inspired me to do it sometime soon :-)

Lindsey said...

LOVE Proverbs!! And I agree with you on the food diary, it really helps!!

Callie said...

I used to write down what I ate too - but now I have to gain weight. Aaaaah! I wonder if it would help me gain weight too if I kept a food journal . . .
I love the idea of readinga chapter of Proverbs daily - I love Proverbs. So much wisdom in one place. I might steal your idea.

Mrs. Lukie said...

Proverbs is my favorite book of the Bible :) Last January, our pastor challenged us to read one chapter a day since there are 31 chapters and 31 days in January. It was awesome!

Food journals definitely open your eyes to what's really going in that mouth. I keep a workout blog for my personal use, but I don't keep track of my food anymore--I get a little too obsessed :-/