Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What's that Smell?

Picture this:

Husband comes home from work, sweeps wife into his arms and kisses her. Wife tells him how much she missed him; husband has a pondering look on his face.

Husband and wife get ready to leave on some errands, and as they walk out of the door, the following conversation ensues:

Husband: “Honey, did you clean the toilet when you got home tonight?”

Wife: “No, I cleaned it a couple days ago. Why, is something wrong with it?”

Husband: “Uhh no, nevermind.”

Wife: “Honey… why did you ask?”

Husband: “Well, there is no real delicate way to put this…”

Wife: “Just say it.”

Husband: “Well, you smell like toilet-bowl cleaner.”

Pause.
Wife bursts out laughing.

Wife: “Smell my hand…is that what you smelled?”

Husband: “Ewww, what is that!?”

Wife: “My new lotion; supposedly very moisturizing… Not a big fan, huh?”

Husband: “Uhh, no. I was kissing you and couldn’t figure out what that smell was! Did you put some on your face, too?”

Wife: “Well, maybe just a little…”

Husband: “Yeah, it smelled like it was all over.  But I love you anyway, even if you do smell like SnoBol.”

Needless to say, that was the first and only time I used the lotion. So beware, if you’re ever walking down the aisle at the store and are tempted to buy the Burt’s Bees Aloe & Buttermilk lotion… Just make sure your significant other smells it before you spend the money. You don’t want him to think you just slathered yourself with SnoBol by mistake.

7 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

HAHA, that is too funny!

Lindsey said...

Aww that is cute and funny!;)

Meg said...

ahahahaha! I just died laughing. that is hilarious! ;)

Emily Powell said...

funny! and I do LOVE getting things done around the house!

Tori said...

This totally just made my day. <3

Callie said...

Ha! That is so funny! This procured a chuckle from me, and it's not too often that blog posts do that!

Unknown said...

LOL. That is way too funny. Jacob and I had a very similar conversation before I figured out that I had to wear latex gloves when chopping fresh onion or garlic. My hands would smell like them for DAYS after touching it once. Ick.

I haven't had much luck with Burt's Bees stuff - mom got some chapstick that turned her lips corpse white when she puts it on - it's terrifying : P