Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Shred

I have plans … to Shred.

Has anybody done this before?

A friend of mine gave me her copy of Jillian Michael’s “The Shred” DVD today… after nearly dying ten minutes into her first attempt she wanted nothing more to do with it. Apparently the lunges and squats are a killer.
 
I have been perusing reviews of Jillian’s products online this week, wondering what all the hype was about. (To further clue you in on my ignorance, after eight seasons of Biggest Loser, I have neither watched an episode, nor had any idea that Jillian was associated with it in any way...until a few days ago.) Her products get (for the most part) rave reviews and the detailed results were impressive. I’m not sure her drill-sergeant attitude is going up be up-my-alley though.
 
I’m a lightweight Pilates girl; not some hardcore workout-aholic. To be perfectly honest, I’m getting a wee bit nervous about this endeavor, and it hasn’t even started yet! 
 
Ya’ll have any tips or suggestions before I start this new challenge?

Alright, Shred, here I come!

4 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

I loved the 30 Day Shred...though I only did it for 3, haha. After the third day, I literally could not walk. Like at all. But I have plans on purchasing it now (I had netflixed it before,) and pushing through. It tones you so fast!

Callie said...

Oh, I have this ciedo, and can personally testify that it's great! The moves are pretty basic, but she has a way of making you work to your full potential. I used it this summer to get in shape, and after about a week I noticed more muscle tone - so yeah, it's great if you want to lose weight or get in better shape!

Callie said...

Hmm, that was supposed to be "video" . ..

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I have been thinking of trying it for a while. But I love Pilates too. I love the video that I have, it's very encouraging, and I always feel great afterward. I may wait and see what you have to say about it!