Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Bath & Beauty Products

What are your beauty routine must-haves? Those bath & beauty products that absolutely have to be part of your day before you feel prepared to tackle what is ahead!
Here are a few of the products that I have fallen in love with after much trial & error, and I would definitely want to make sure they were tucked away in my suitcase if I ended up stranded somewhere…


LashExact Waterpoof Mascara by CoverGirl has been a lifesaver! After dozens of brands, this is the only one I can wear that doesn’t give me raccoon eyes after a couple hours. The flexible brush helps the application go so much smoother and I never end up with unsightly clumps. (And in case you want to run out and try it for yourself, Walmart carries it about $1.00 cheaper than anywhere else.)


Bare Minerals makeup is by far the best makeup I’ve ever used. Not that my experience is overly extensive, but I’m so happy with this that I don’t see a reason to try anything else! The makeup blends easily, has a beautiful shimmer, works great as a sunblock, and doesn’t clog your pores! My skin has never been clearer! 

Aveda Shampure shampoo & condition is very natural, smells great, and doesn’t leave my hair tangled at all. Before switching over, I would use regular shampoo & conditioner in the shower and then put in a leave-in conditioner just to be able to get through my hair with a pick. Now I don’t have to use any after-product – I can comb right through it! It has kept my hair healthy and doesn’t weight it down.

Ouchless Headbands have become part of my everyday routine, either as part of my hair style or simply to push the bangs out of my face while I’m applying makeup. For years I never wore headbands because of the pressure they put behind my ears – after an hour or two I would have a headache that lasted long after I removed the offensive object! Now, I can wear one all day long and I don’t even think about it!

Alba Sugar Scrub was addicting after just the first use. The smell was tropical and it left my skin feeling silky smooth, and eased away rough patches on my elbows or knees. It was a little spendy, at almost $12.00 a jar, but it was so wonderful that I even got my mom hooked on it. It was my personal little spa-moment every morning in the shower.
And then Mom stumbled across Village Naturals Sugar Scrub in the grocery store. Same concept; smaller price. For a stunning $2.00 she decided to try it…and now I’m hooked too! It was a lush Brown Sugary scent and works just as well as the more expensive Alba brand. Try it; you’ll love it!

Eucerin Calming Cream has become a dear friend to me. It’s unscented and completely gentle on my sensitive skin. I am sad to say that I have left fancy creams and sultry scents behind when it comes to creams & lotions because my skin always seems to rebel and will either start itching or leave a not-so-attractive rash across my neck. This cream has left my skin unbelievably soft and because it’s unscented I never have to worry about what perfume I wear on top of it.

Very Sexy from Victoria’s Secret was my husband’s pick. I was a little skeptical at first, but I quickly came to see it from his point of view. It’s fruity, floral, spicy, and oh so yummy. The perfect scent for a night out with your hubby!

Very Sexy Now is my alternate pick: think beach, tropical, Brazil & Hawaii. It’s a little lighter, a little fruiter, but totally lush. Between the two, I have the perfect scents for any occasion!


There you have it!  Those are all the "must haves" I can think of at the moment.  Please share yours!  I’m going to try having a Mr. Linky below if any of you have beauty posts you want to share!

4 comments:

Callie said...

Oh, those scrubs look absolutely fabulous! I've heard alot of good things about Bare Minerals, but I've never tried it. And the perfume sounds lovely too! I really like the perfume Heavenly from Victoria Secret - Derek got it for me for Christmas last year, and it smells so good.

Springblom said...

I'm not a make up girl, and don't have any perfume currently. I just try to dress nicely every day, keep my hair tidy, and always wash my face with something to make it look fresh! :)

I'm really wishing I could get ahold of some of that sugar scrub, but can't seem to find it locally. Ah well! :)

Lindsey said...

That sugar scrub sounds amazing!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I really want to try Bare Minerals! I've heard so much about it! And those scrubs sound wonderful too!