Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Have You Forgotten?

Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten, when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside
goin’ through a livin’ hell
And you say we shouldn't worry ‘bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?
Breakfast was over and I was walking down the hall toward my bedroom… I was 16, just starting my senior year in high school. Suddenly I heard commotion in the family room. People were yelling, I heard the TV running, Mom was gasping in horror. When I looked at the TV, all I saw was flames, terror, and buildings starting to crumble. Then we were all hit with the realization that dad was supposed to be in that building for a 9:00 AM meeting, on the 87th floor. But due to the divine hand of almighty God, his meeting had been canceled on short notice and he was safely working at his office in town. Where were you when the world stopped turning, that September day?

5 comments:

Tori said...

Wow. What a testimony in itself. Thank you God for being our protector!

Callie said...

Oh my goodness, that's amazing. The Lord was really protecting your dad.
I love that song too.

bride2b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather @ Simple Wives said...

WOW. what a testimony!

Lindsey said...

Wow what an incredible story!! Praise God!!