Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bloom

I will never pretend to be a fluent or prolific writer. I have friends who make words flow together as gracefully as a water fall, but as much as I have yearned in times past to be a weaver of words and teller of tales, I have accepted that God has given me a limitation in that regard. I must be content and ‘bloom where I am planted’, being okay with the fact my words will never be read by more than a dozen people, at best. And in all honesty, I’m fine with that.
My life is a small one, but I absolutely love where God has called me to be. I spent much of my younger years wishing for the days that were yet to come, dreaming away the present and hoping the future would be bigger and more exciting than the here-and-now. But the ‘present’ is now, and the ‘someday’ that seemed so far away is now my daily existence. And it’s wonderful. Each day is filled with something different; some with joys, some with hardships, but each brimming with the marvelous grace of God, and a peace and joy in my heart that is deeper and dearer than anything imaginable. My past is forgiven, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I feel like I am truly blooming where I’m planted. I am no longer looking for something bigger and better, wishing ‘tomorrow’ would come a little sooner. I am content. Yes, there are questions I wish I had answers for, and there are always ‘uncertainties’ that arise in life, but these do not rule my world. God does, and His promises are my hope.
My little corner of Michigan might not be anything spectacular, but it’s where I’m blooming because this is where God has me at present. And I couldn’t be happier.

1 comment:

Meg said...

amen to that. I know exactly how you feel. ahh.. I've missed you and am sooo glad we've caught back up on facebook and now with our blogs! =)