Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

~ Football & Pansies ~

A few weeks ago we took a trip to Ann Arbor to visit "The Big House" -- the football stadium at the University of Michigan.

My husband is a huge Michigan fan, so by default, I am now too.  
A fan by marriage.

{Jessica, the Buckeye that you are, I won't feel bad if you stop reading this post now!  And if Luke is around, you'd better close the browser!}

We were allowed to tour the team's locker room that day, and wander around the field.  Such a fun experience! 

At a gift shop we bought a Michigan stepping stone for my flower garden.  Just needed to find some pretty yellow flowers to plant around it.


My mom, not knowing that I was in the market for some yellow-lovelies, surprised me with a basket of beautiful yellow pansies the other day!!!


Last night I got everything planted and arranged.

Hello, Michigan!!!

I love how it turned out! :)

Everything else is blooming around the yard right now too.  Seems like it was a really long winter this year, but I am so thankful to see a steady stream of sun and colorful flowers again!

A couple more weeks and hopefully we'll be past the night time frost threats and I'll be able to get the rest of my flower beds all spruced up and filled with flowers. 
Have you planted anything yet?

8 comments:

Amanda said...

that is an adorable flower bed! i haven't planted anything! lol! i'm a terrible gardener. :)

LeAnna said...

Very, very cute! I'm loving all the yellow!

Callie said...

Ha! I too am a fan by marriage of our college team - if Derek's a fan, I'm a fan.

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are so pretty! I have petunias and geraniums. They aren't looking very good though, we are in the midst of a horrible drought with heat and high winds. :(

Unknown said...

Haha I love that "a fan by marriage" - great way to look at it :)

Joshua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love the flowers, and the yellow pansies are gorgeous! We bought a few purple ones this year. You look so beautiful in that picture! :)

Jessica said...

lol! I laughed at your comment about me. It does look cute, even though it IS Michigan colors I guess. Haha j/k...I'm a Buckeye fan by marriage too, so I don't get as competitive as my husband :-)