So last Saturday my Dearly Beloved decided to take me out for a fun Valentine’s day celebration. We ran a couple errands and then headed downtown to get our rings shined up at our favorite jeweler. We browsed while the rings were getting cleaned, and I stumbled across a Claddagh ring that I found exquisite – sterling silver with filigreed bands on either side of the Claddagh. It was love at first site. And jeweler slipped it on my finger and it was a perfect fit. My dear husband kissed me and said it would be my Valentine’s gift. Awwww. He makes me melt.We then wandered around to the diamond section and I fell in love again… with a ring that (with tax) would cost over $28,000.00. Yes, you read that right. Once again, it was a perfect fit when I tried it on, but I’m afraid it will forever remain in the jeweler’s case, far from my reach. It was over three carats of diamonds in a beautifully romantic white gold vintage setting. Not gaudy at all, but timeless and amazingly gorgeous. *sigh*
I happily wear my Claddagh, given to me with much love by my Dearly Beloved. It’s never about the price tag – it’s about the heart behind it. And his heart is golden.
We then headed over to the theater where we watched the movie (yes, you guessed it) Valentine’s Day. I wasn’t hugely impressed, but it’s always a treat when I can get him to go see a chick-flick with me. Besides, Jennifer Garner and those dimples of hers are simply adorable and that’s all there is to it!
Red Lobster was our restaurant of choice for dinner, and though we had a long wait, the tender taste of the flaky cheddar biscuits was worth every minute. We sat at the bar as we waited for a table, and for the first time in my life I splurged and ate dessert before my dinner. I felt like such a rebel. But it was soooo good! The cookie was chocolate filled and oh-so-chewy-gooey and topped with ice cream and more chocolate. Combine this with a cup of delicious coffee and I was in taste-bud bliss.



5 comments:
Aww, what a sweet Valentines Day! That ring is just gorgeous! What a great gift :-)
Sounds like such a fun day together with you Hubby!!! yay!! :-) Something you can always remember!
What a pretty, pretty ring!!! Haha, I have a funny crab legs story. We went to Red Lobster one time and ordered crab legs. The waitress asked if we'd like some crackers and I politely told her no thanks, thinking she was referring to saltines or something of the sort. HA, being the novice crab leg eater I am, I had no idea she actually meant some crackers to...you know...crack the crab legs with! :P
Ohhhh...that ring is just beautiful!!! How romantic!
ARGH...you didn't have to describe those NAUGHTY biscuits in such delicious detail did you??? HAHA. Just kidding, I love me some Red Lobster, haven't been in forever!
What a beautiful ring! How sweet of your hubby to buy that for you! *smile*
Post a Comment