Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bon Voyage

Aloha, my friends!

In two days I’ll be winging my way through the air headed for blue water and sunny skies! Hawaii, here we come! I can’t begin to express how excited I am!!!! I never really minded winter while I was growing up, but I’m coming to dislike it more and more with every week that passes. I love snow for the holidays, but after that, I’m ready for springtime -- birds, sunshine, flowers, open windows, and just being outside!

Plans for our time in Maui include whale watching, driving to the top of the volcano Haleakala to watch the sun rise, soaking up lots of rays on the beautiful beaches, swimming in the amazing pools, driving the Road to Hana to see the beautiful waterfalls & lagoons, visiting Pearl Harbor, eating great food, and whatever else strikes our fancy! Who knows, maybe Mike will even get me to try snorkeling! We are both looking forward to warm weather and relaxation, a break from work and the busy schedule we have around here. I hope to come back with hundreds of pictures and plenty of stories to tell.

I need to whip up a couple snacks to take on the long flight with us, charge my iPod, load up all those camera batteries, and hopefully finish up making my new sack purse before we leave (I’ll post pictures if I get that accomplished!).

We are literally counting the days and hours until we can leave the cold Midwest and head towards the sunny tropics! I’ll doubt I’ll be posting while we’re gone, but I’m still going to try and put up my 365 pictures which will give you a glimpse of what we’re doing!!!

Do any of you have “winter escapes” planned while we’re waiting for spring to appear?

9 comments:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Have a BLAST! Yay for warmer climates. My hubby and I returned from The Bahamas two weeks ago. It was glorious! Hawaii is where I'd like to go next :)

Meg said...

I am so jealous ;) but glad you guys are getting to go! I hope ya'll have a great time!

KJ said...

What a sweet blog- just came across it! Have a BLAST in Hawaii- I've always wanted to go! My hubby and I might be heading to Scottsdale in March and we're hoping to plan a big WARM getaway sometime in May. Can't wait to see your pictures- I'm your newest follower! :)

Elizabeth said...

That is wonderful news!! Enjoy your trip...take lots of pictures!!

Jessica said...

I hope you have a blast! I'll be excited to king of get a taste of your vacation through your project 365 blog! :-)

Brittney Galloway said...

Have a wonderful trip! I hope you get to accomplish all of those great goals!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

HOW EXCITING!!! :D Hope you have a wonderful time, and I'm hoping to share some pictures with us!!! Also can't wait to hear about your volcano climbing experience, I've done that twice!

Callie said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Hawaii is so beautiful - you'll have a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Have a super lovely time!!!! I am so jealous!! x