Since some of y'all have been putting in recipe requests (okay, maybe it was just Meg, but that works for me!), I thought I'd post them today.
The problem with me sharing my recipes, is that I
never follow what's in the cookbook...and sometimes I don't use an actual recipe at all. That being said, below is my best attempt to copy how I made these dishes.
Use your imaginations, spice up the dishes with your favorite seasonings, or toss in some leftovers from the refrigerator! That's the way some of the best dishes are created! :)
Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used Ground Turkey)
- 1/2 onion, chopped (I used some minced onion)
- 1 28-oz jar spaghetti sauce (Bertolli's Tomato & Basil is our favorite)
- 8-oz spiral pasta, cooked
- 1 8-oz package of shredded mozzarella (I used mexican blend to add a bit of extra pizazz)
- 4-oz pkg of sliced pepperoni
- Seasonings (We like Italian Seasoning, Cumin, Sage, Chili powder, and whatever else suits your fancy!)
Preheat over to 350.
In large skillet, brown
beef, onion & seasonings over medium heat; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, pasta, pepperoni, 1/2 the cheese. Mix well and transfer to a 9x13 greased baking pan. Top with remaining cheese, and I like to add a bit of grated Parmesan for extra flavor.
Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
Cheerio Breakfast Bars
- 1 stick butter
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 c. orange instant drink (like Tang)
- 1 c. raisins or craisins
- 4 c. Cheerios
In large pan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in peanut butter until melted, then add powdered milk and orange powder; remove from heat. Fold in cereal and craisins, and press into a greased 9x9 pan. Cool completely before cutting.
**I started using a tablespoon or two less than a stick to cut down on a few calories and it still turns out fine. With the drink mix sometimes I also mix in some protein powder to boost the protein count. Coconut, nuts, chocolate chips, and just about anything else can be mixed in and is simply delicious!
Tortilla Soup
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 1 can diced Tomatoes w/ garlic & basil
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained (frozen is fine too)
- 1 can chicken (or cooked of if have some to use up)
- Olive oil
- Seasonings
In a large pan, heat a bit of olive oil and toss in the can of chicken with some garlic and other seasonings. Saute it up a bit and add the corn and beans. Heat and season them and then add the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer, taste and season as needed.
Top with cheese, crushed Fritos, and a dollop of sour cream.
**Anything can be added to this soup -- bacon bits, pasta, veggies, etc.
Let me know if y'all have any questions!
Bon appetit!
5 comments:
yay! Will remember these for the near future :)
All 3 of those sounds good!
Thanks for the recipes! I love trying new things. They all sound good - I might have to try the Cheerios one soon, because Derek likes that kind of thing for breakfast!
well, you know... I was just asking. ;) And to me, it looks like everyone else appreciated my asking! ;) Thanks for posting the recipes, girl.
These are great recipes, yum! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment