I plan out our week of meals almost every Monday, so here I am now following the blog-crowd and doing a Menu Plan Monday post! :) Menu planning helps save money when you grocery shop (because you only buy exactly what you need!) and it helps cut down on the weekly stress because you know what you're going to make for dinner
before 5:00 rolls around!
Monday - Pizza casserole
Tuesday - Chicken w/ Wild Rise, sauteed Asparagus
Wednesday - BBQ Pork sandwiches, Black Bean dip w/ chips
Thursday - Tortilla soup, homemade sweet potato chips
Friday - Leftovers!
Saturday - Mexican Mac & Cheese, fresh Green Beans
Sunday - haven't gotten that far yet!
Does anybody else do weekly menu-planning?
4 comments:
Yay, I can comment now!
I do weekly menu planning, but don't assign specific meals to certain days. I've thought about using set assignments (pasta on Monday, Mexican on Tuesday, soup on Wednesday, etc.) but haven't gotten to it.
Lots of easy/conveneince food this week because we'll be busy repainting the bathroom:
Grilled cheese sandwiches & tomato soup
Pancakes/reduced-fat smoky links
Burgers on the grill/frozen fries
Spaghetti/homemade Italian bread
Eat out (for birthday!)
Subs from Mancino's (we have a gift card!)
--Sarah
I did at first, but this summer has been absolutely delightfully filled with unplanned picnics and last moment trips to various places that have had me randomly stuffing a basket more often than following my little lists. I'm guessing come winter, and should I return to work again, that menus will once again be an absolute must if we are going to ever have any bit of shopping success. :)
I menu plan and it's such a life saver for me at times and definitely helps with the budget. Your menu looks so yummy! Could you post the recipes for your Pizza Casserole? :D
definitely! I have no clue how people shop without it!
Post a Comment